This week I installed Bamboo on Windows for the first time. I was able to get the server working from the command line running on my own desktop. However, when I set up a Windows Scheduler task to start up the server, using a service account, it no longer starts up. Instead of a dashboard, I get the following bootstrap error:
Bamboo bootstrap failed: Could not make directory/ies: C:\Users\tisaac\bamboo-home
The user name under which the scheduler task is running is devservice, not tisaac. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, specifying C:\Users\Public\bamboo-home as the home directory. This worked, in the sense that the directory was created when I started up the task. However, when I navigate to localhost:8085, I get the same bootstrap error page as before, but with no new errors displayed.
Following is the log:
2018-02-23 13:45:45,419 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [BootstrapLoaderListener] Starting BootstrapLoaderListener
2018-02-23 13:45:45,485 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] *******************************
2018-02-23 13:45:45,486 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] * Bamboo is starting up *
2018-02-23 13:45:45,486 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] *******************************
2018-02-23 13:45:45,519 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [ServletContextHolder] Setting servlet context: Bamboo
2018-02-23 13:45:45,842 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] atlassian.org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation set to javax.servlet,javax.servlet.*,sun.*,com.sun.*,org.w3c.dom.*,org.apache.xerces.*,org.jboss.byteman.*,jdk.internal.reflect
2018-02-23 13:45:46,748 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [BootstrapLoaderListener] App classloader is the same as web app classloader
2018-02-23 13:45:51,995 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] Starting Bamboo 6.3.2 (build #60307 Fri Feb 02 05:26:09 CST 2018) using Java 1.8.0_161 from Oracle Corporation
2018-02-23 13:45:51,997 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] Real path of servlet context: C:\Program Files\Bamboo\atlassian-bamboo\
2018-02-23 13:45:57,703 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [AbstractDom4jXmlConfigurationPersister] Unable to move C:\Users\Public\bamboo-home\bamboo.cfg.xml4143142705335970140tmp to C:\Users\Public\bamboo-home\bamboo.cfg.xml. Falling back to non-atomic overwrite.
2018-02-23 13:45:57,741 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] Bamboo home directory: C:\Users\Public\bamboo-home
2018-02-23 13:45:57,743 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [lifecycle] Default charset: windows-1252, file name ecoding: Cp1252
2018-02-23 13:45:57,779 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [UpgradeLauncher] Upgrades not performed since the application has not been set up yet.
2018-02-23 13:45:57,858 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [CompressingFilter] CompressingFilter has initialized
2018-02-23 13:46:03,847 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [SpringObjectFactoryProxy] Deferring initialisation of com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.xwork.SpringObjectFactoryProxy
2018-02-23 13:46:07,944 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [Dispatchers] Dispatcher org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher initialised
2018-02-23 13:46:08,411 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [SpringObjectFactoryProxy] Deferring initialisation of com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.xwork.SpringObjectFactoryProxy
2018-02-23 13:46:10,752 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [AccessLogFilter] AccessLogFilter initialized. Format is: <user> <url> <starting memory free (kb)> +- <difference in free mem (kb)> <query time (ms)>
2018-02-23 13:46:10,908 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [SpringObjectFactoryProxy] Deferring initialisation of com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.xwork.SpringObjectFactoryProxy
2018-02-23 13:46:11,158 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [Dispatchers] Dispatcher org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher initialised
2018-02-23 13:46:11,235 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [SpringObjectFactoryProxy] Deferring initialisation of com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.xwork.SpringObjectFactoryProxy
2018-02-23 13:46:11,926 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [Dispatchers] Dispatcher org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher destroyed
2018-02-23 13:46:11,942 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [CompressingFilter] CompressingFilter is being destroyed...
2018-02-23 13:46:11,942 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [Dispatchers] Dispatcher org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher destroyed
2018-02-23 13:46:12,646 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [BambooPluginManager] Plugin state will no longer be persisted.