User2 stages changes to one file, commits, then pushes to repo called "processes-user2". User2 creates pull request for User1 to review. While reviewing, User1 (me) realizes that commit includes other files that are a version old and should NOT be included.
1 - Why are these files (other than the one file that was staged) in the commit?
2 - What options do I have to exclude these? (Shouldn't I have the option to simply exclude these when merging (via SourceTree or BitBucket)?
3 - Is there paid support available that I would be able to explain my setup and ask what I'm doing wrong? I've been using this software for some time now and it still isn't behaving quite the way I understand despite viewing many tutorials.
Our setup includes 4 users (one of which is an admin). We have a central repo which only the admin has write access to. Then each user has their own repo with read/write access. My thought was that when a user makes a change to a file locally, they stage, commit, and push to their repo. Then create a pull request for admin, who reviews, then pushed changes to the central repo. Is this not the correct usage? If anyone can answer any of these questions, I'd greatly appreciate it.