So i had to change the primary account i use for bitbucket because of this issue https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Sending-email-notifications-to-team-alias/qaq-p/711858?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=answer_accepted_as_solution&utm_content=topic
But now sourcetree keeps asking my for the password of my old account when ever i try to do anything with my git repo hosted on bitbucket. If i go to Tools > Options > Authentication. i see the correct new account only. (at first i wasn't able to delete my old account from here but i found out that you can remove it from the Windows Credentials Manager). Also i wasn't able to use basic auth due to this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7933So i had to use oauth for the new account.
But now it keeps prompting me to enter the password of my old account. How can i fix this?
HiCan you check the remote URLs you are using for your repositories, do they contain the old username?If do you will need to replace them to use URLs with your new username.
Thanks, that was it. I didn't think to check for that.
I have the same problem. I only have 1 project opened in sourcetree. The url is fine. Still it complains about an account I used months ago.
I have the same problem. The url is fine too.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/how-to-wipe-sourcetree-preferences-412484640.html
this did it for me. this software sucks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.