I need to maintain a copy of a file in my local machine with different settings than the one stored in github. For example, localhost IP configs. My IP configs are only matching my own machine, it shouldn't be something that another person pulls. So, the copy in github needs to be
<code>this is for everyone</code>
and mine needs to stay
<code> this is for me alone </code>
Problem is, when I change my file, sourcetree naturally recognizes the changes and adds it to the Unstaged Files portion for commit and push. I see some options when I right click but I'm not sure which one is the right one
right-click - remove (this deletes the file from my root I think)
right-click - Discard (this reverts my changes)
right-click - Stop Tracking (this creates a gitignore with the file path. It can't be ignored. it just needs to stay unchanged but able to be pulled)
Thoughts?