My question is regarding a plans default job and the role that job has when there are multiple environments configured for that plan. What I'm trying to solve is why the Bamboo artifacts, generated every time we deploy a build, contain each of the environments Git repositories which is consuming a ton of disk space on our server.
For example, we have a plan that has a default job that runs a a Git checkout for three separate Git repositories. I'll call this plan "Test Plan." Test Plan has three separate environments setup: dev, staging, production. Each of the environments has a single task that executes a Git pull of their respective Git branches.
My question is if I run a deployment, for the dev environment in the Test Plan will the Test Plan's default job execute every time I deploy dev? This seems to be the case which would explain why the artifacts contain all three of the environments Git repositories.
This setup does not look correct to me. I would think that if there is multiple environments configured for a single plan then there should not be a default plan job for the example I outlined above. Each environment should have their own tasks; a Git checkout and a Git pull. But what if I don't want the Git checkout to actually run if a repo already exists in the destination?
Simply put my expectation would be that, if I deploy the dev environment then the resulting Bamboo build artifact should only contain the Git files for that environment. The artifact should not include respositories from staging and produciton.
If I left out key information that would prevent you from being able to accurately provide any helpful feedback please let me know.
Thank you.