Hello,
To give some quick context info: we are a website with thousands of articles. Some are "core" articles, some are sponsored content for our clients (our bread and butter). We just implemented Trello as our new project management system, to keep track of the campaigns we perform for clients (most articles also come with banner take-overs, newsletters, social media posts... etc.) It's working out great for us so far.
In parallel, we're developing a list of all our articles - the core articles, and the sponsored articles. We want to have a full database containing all of them, so we know which ones are sponsored, by whom, until when - meaning which topics are available when we find a new client, for example, so we don't write duplicate content; or which ones are coming close to the end of their sponsorship contract, so we can sell the article to a new client.
Optimally I'd like to do this in Trello as well, so we can use powerups like CardSync to simply "assign" articles from the database boards to client boards, and have a great overview, all in one place, of how our content is distributed.
The problem is that Trello is not a database and if we ever wanted to migrate or use this information in a different programme, we would have to retype everything by hand. And I'm really talking 14,000 articles at the moment, so that's an insane workload.
I've been looking for power-ups that would help us connect to database systems, but been unable to find anything of real value.
I found a zapier that could integrate MySQL and Trello, but MySQL output isn't super sexy: https://zapier.com/apps/mysql/integrations/trello
And I found this which seems to integrate trello and Microsoft Access: https://www.cloudpipes.com/integrations/microsoft-access/trello
Maybe somebody out there has a better idea, solution, power-up to recommend? Any help would be most welcome! I'm just an editor, not a dev, so this is a bit over my paygrade.
Thank you in advance for your help!!