I found this article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/two-factor-authentication-2fa-with-github-in-sourcetree-402033499.html
I am searching for exactly the same, unfortunately this solution works only on source tree 2.4 and earlier. My version is the latest: 2.7.
Anyone an idea where to fill in the token so I can use 2FA for my remote server?
Hey @jacfab,
You can use OAuth to sign in while adding your Github account in Sourcetree. You can add the account in Preferences window - Accounts tab.
Hi @Manju, I've setup OAuth in Sourcetree v2.4.8.0 in Windows without issues, but when trying to push to any repo it open a login popup from github. After writing my credencials it fails the push.
When doind push:
Push fail:
Hello! When you get that login dialog, are you filling in your username and password? And does that dialog then prompt for a 2FA approval?
Hi @Mike Corsaro, I fill it with my username and password, tried with email too. No, it does not prompt for 2FA approval. It just try to push and fail.
Answer > https://stackoverflow.com/a/53624774/1023074
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.