Hi R.
There's not a way to, by default, have newly created cards appear on the top of a list. However, you can use an automation tool called Butlerbot and command it to always move a newly added card to the top of your list.
To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:
1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"2) Add a new card to the Butler list, using the follow text
when a card is added, sort list by age
Now,any time you add a card to your list, web or app, Butler will move the card to the top of the list.
me too
Me too!
me too!
I would also like to request this feature. It seems like Trello could add it is an option in the Settings.
It worked! It worked! It worked! Solved! Thanks so much.
I did what you said. My steps were.
1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
THE BUTLER LIST WILL BE ON THE FAR RIGHT AND HAVE NO CARDS IN IT.
2) Add a new card to the Butler list, using the follow text
THE CARD IS TO SIT UNDER THE BUTLER LIST. NOT YOUR ALREADY MADE LISTS.
Copy the data between the quotes below and paste it into a new card in the list titled Butler.
"when a card is added, sort list by age"
Last step... ON YOUR ALREADY MADE LISTS TAP On three dots at top right "..." THEN SELECT ON THOSE ALREADY MADE LISTS TO (SORT BY NEWEST! ! )
CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM TO SOLVE THIS. Rex in New Zealand. Thanks to those who helped me also.
Now,any time you add a card to your list, web or app, Butler will move the card to the top of the list..
I need a little more help. The cards are diss ordering them selves. The newest are appearing at the bottom again. I click three dots and sort newest at the top. But not consistant. The any ideas why.
When does Butler sort the list? Is it after I add a card or by a time schedule?
I would also like for Trello to add a setting that new cards are added to the top as opposed to the bottom, without having to use a third party plugin.
Just an update to the solution expressed above (and some further modifications): Butlerbot has been acquired by Trello, and is further integrated than before. Go to the site butlerfortrello, as previously indicated. Then invite the Butlerbot to the Board you want to work with. It then appears up in the right with a little icon that looks like a ring bell. Click "rules", the third option from the left, and then add a rule, in this case: Trigger: when a card is added to list "To do" by me
Action: move the card to the top of the list. You can also make this apply to all your lists, and not only the "To do"-list, by changing the settings in the rule. As far as I've seen, the butler bot doesn't appear as a standalone list for you to issue any commands to, as was referred to in previous posts.
Try typing ^1 at the end of your new title
"my new title ^1"
I need this feature also. I have several lists where it makes more sense that new items be on the top like a stack than on the bottom like a queue. Butler is not a solution, since butler automation is throttled by the number of actions taken per month, which would limit the number of "fixes" that could happen per month. Trello should just made lists configurable as top-down or bottom-up. This needs to manifest in copy/move card and create from template features too.
I Get the following error when I add butlerbot to my board
And when I click on the little ring bell, I get don't get any option called "rules"
Is there a solution to this?
Has anyone found a solution to this? Butler bot isn't working for me!
I get the following error when I add butlerbot to my board
Hey!I would also prefer the feature on itself, it should be basic, really.Butlerbot does not work for me either...Can we get an answer on that, why it is not working? Someone posted the issue a month ago...Thanks.
Timea - did you try the ^1 notation? - by typing that first in the title description before tying anything else you, get a flyout menu showing position - click on it and it goes to the top. See screenshot here
@Mark Steenbarger doesn't work on mobile and only works on desktop while creating new cards not copying cards.
@Billy Stidham Yes - just on new cards on desktop.
I have a simple solution without using 3rd party apps.
On the android app click the three vertical dots in the top right corner of a list. Then click 'Add card'.
The card appears at the top.
Boo yahh!!!!
You and your solutions are awesome. Thanks a million! 🤗
gets added to the bottom in ios
You can create a rule "trigger: whenever you create a card; action: it will be moved to top." in the rules section
On desktop the --- menu at the top of the list - if you click 'Add Card' will default it to the top - the "+ Add Card" at the bottom will still add to bottom and the ^1 shorthand doesn't seem to work anymore.
Please enable this on the iphone app as well. I waste so much time moving new cards to the top of the list.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.