I'm sure this is basic for a more experienced user, but I'm hoping for some quick clarity so I can get off the ground running & not have to backtrack.
I'm launching a new business & I'd like to use Trello for the project mgmt. There are currently only a couple of team members, but my plan is to hire several additions. That is part of what I could use some help with... I'm trying to figure out the best way to setup Trello for the "launch and beyond".
For example - there are several tasks that have to be accomplished in this pre-capital phase (before our investors will fully fund us). e.g. Hire a COO; Confirm our contract design/mfr firm; setup our HR processes etc. Each of these however is composed of multiple tasks and each task may be assigned to one or more people. For example - Confirming our contract design/mfr firm is composed of: sourcing several firms > first interview > Create & send RFQ's > Review RFQ's > Narrow choices > Visit / Interview finalists, etc....
What I'm trying to figure out is - Should each of these major efforts (eg Hire a COO, etc.) be considered separate projects and have their own boards and each board have a To do, Doing, Done type lists... and then somehow tie these back to some sort of Company Launch Oversight Board that tracks each individual project board's active items? OR
Is there one Project Launch Board and each of these Major Efforts is a separate List and all the tasks are cards - but they all get moved to combined "Doing" and "Done" lists and tracked back to their projects by labels?
I'm figuring you can't have a single card for each major effort and use checklists to track the task progress because you can't assign different people to tasks at the checklist level (at least from what I can see).
My apologies for the long, detailed question. I just went through all the "inspiration" boards and really didn't find anything quite like this, with a business launch, AND multiple people involved. I'd really like to set this up right the first time. Especially since I'd like to invite our investors to follow our startup progress (eg subscribe), and therefore I'd like to not revamp our approach half-way through. I'm sure there are a number of ways to do this. I'd love input on what has worked the best for anyone in my situation, or has just had to set up something even close.
Thanks VERY MUCH for any advice you can share!!
Stefanie