I highly doubt that this is a SourceTree issue, but the colleague who is reporting this issue is using SourceTree installed git and I can't find any answers anwhere else, so I thought I'd try the experts here. The guy is trying to do a simple pull. What he gets, in several different repositories is:
Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.
Doing a git status reports that:
# On branch master
# Your branch and 'origin/master' have diverged,
# and have 3 and 1 different commit each, respectively.
#
nothing to commit (working directory clean)
Doing a git reset --hard makes no difference.
There is no output from any of this either:
git update-index -q --ignore-submodules --refresh
git diff-files --ignore-submodules
git diff-index --cached --ignore-submodules HEAD --
Sometimes, but not every time, I can do a git pull --no-rebase and it will work, but that's a workaround (and not even a consistent one).
Has anyone ever seen anthing like this? This has been going on for several months and I'm at a complete loss. Something is very wrong, but I have absolutely no idea what.