Repo is git.
Can not find this option. I see the option to compare file with its parent, but how can I compare any given file with a file from a selected commit ?
Just select 2 commits in the log at once using Cmd-Click, then you'll see the complete diff between those two commits.
If you want to filter things down further you can right-click on a file, click 'Log Selected' to get the history just for that file, and then again multi-select commits in that window.
Thank you very much !
Follow-up question: how to use ExternalDiff to view the diff as provided in the above approach?
@Lin Luo I can still see External Diff on one file at a time in the arbitrary diffs view. Click on one file within the composite diff, and cmd-click > External Diff as always.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.