Is it possible to have an action performed when a person clicks "Create release" in Bamboo? I was thinking of using a workflow for my builds like the following.
- Developer commits to source control
- Completed build is promoted to a release
- Create a new release in Bamboo
- Run build to change the version number in the project and repackage
- Upload change to external service (such as a Maven or Rubygems repository)
- (optional) Commit changes to the repository for updating the version number
- Tags VCS with the release version
- Trigger any automatic deployments
- Trigger deployments
Is there a way to do this with Bamboo? Is there an alternative workflow that I should consider instead that allows me to include the release version in the compiled product and modify the SCM? I've been finding problems doing this as part of a deployment plan because the release build needs to be performed once while I may have multiple environments I need to deploy to.
If I try to do this during the build plan, I can't take advantage of the release versioning feature and the release build still won't be triggered if somebody pushes "Create release". Any help would be appreciated.