Hello,
I have 3 tools - M$ AD with RBAC model, Crowd, Bitbucket.
O have synced RBAC to Crowd, I added default group assignment for new users when importing.
Bitbucket has "Global permissions" and you must point which groups or users can access the application, so I made there a group "ad-users".
So my new users from AD gets that group "ad-users" and can access Bitbucket with ease, but the problem is project, repositories, branches permissions via groups. I can make another group access entry "ad-groups" and add all my imported ad groups to it in Crowd and I will see them in Bitbucket (tested this), but this is manual work.
My question: is it possible to add imported groups from AD to that group "ad-group" automatically on sync/importing with AD? Similar like creating internal Crowd AD integrated directory and adding group for users in Options -> Default group memberships.
I know I can achieve this using an REST API, but maybe there is built in feature I am missing?
I hope my question was clear, please write if you need more info.