Our server crashed so we are installing a clean server and want to connect it to a existing database. (MS-SQL)
If you are installing Bamboo fresh, it is sufficient to follow our usual installation instruction.
Once installed, you may change your database settings by editing this file - <Bamboo-Home>/bamboo.cfg.xmlfile as explained here.
<Bamboo-Home>/bamboo.cfg.xml
If you intend to restore the old instance by connecting to your old database, it is essential to restore <bamboo-home> as well to your previous working state.
Tnx, installed Bamboo 6.0 and created a backup. But can I connect a 6.0 database to a new installed 6.3 Bamboo? Or do I have to import the from the import to a new database?
But can I connect a 6.0 database to a new installed 6.3 Bamboo
Generally, the upgrade instruction goes like this as mentioned in this documentation.
The upgrade runs automatically referring to the old database that you have configured in your <Bamboo-Home>/bamboo.cfg.xml.
Hope that clarifies.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.