I would like the ability to collapse a list (for example, "Completed" or "Done") but still able to drag a card into it. I'm guessing this is not possible. If not, can this be added as a feature? Thanks.
Hi Michael,
You're right, that's not something that's currently possible within Trello, but I'll let the team know it's something you're looking for, and we'll consider that for future versions of Trello!
I would also love this functionality.
I'm currently trialling Trello after several months using KanbanFlow, and the #1 thing I miss is the ability to collapse lists into their headings - all the visual clutter makes it hard to focus. I want to check my "waiting" list once per day. I want to check my "backlog" only after I'm through my "do next" list. I don't need to see them the rest of the time - it's distracting.
Yes, I'm missing the ability to collapse lists as in KanbanFlow.
For example, I have a planner with a list for every day of the week + next week + later + Done + Projects. This gives me 11 lists which won't fit onto my screen. It would be great to be able to focus on Today, Tomorrow and Done without needing the clutter of the other days.
I know there's a Chrome extension to do this but I'm using Safari on Mac.
Can we have a Power-Up for this, please?
Thanks.
Alan
I'm beyond floored that we can't collapse a list! Isn't the point of Trello to simplify systems, keeping everything visually "clean"?
.. forgot to mention, collapsing lists would make it easy to have multiple rows too! That way you can see more of what is on your board without having to keep swiping over to get to the end.
But Trello seems to have that function already... here's what one of my Boards shows. Just that I don't know how the 'Collapse' 'twizzles' got inserted!
Looks like you're using a browser extension for that.
There are a couple of chrome extensions that include the drop down ability.Chrome extension "PM for Trello" includes it amongst the functions, along with ability to add estimated/consumed hours.https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pm-for-trello/bpoinaajmddigpifcllncafoienemiid?hl=enChrome extension "collapisable trello lists" by WebRender ... is only for drop down list ability, so dispenses with anything you dont require and keeps the board clean from extras.https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/collapsible-trello-lists/kejemfjfgoaekplmemlkjljcfloiemho?hl=enI use the trello labels, so addition of labels from the PM plugin is distraction litter ... something not used but some idiot will put something in there for sure, although the hrs function saves needing a powerup to take out of my board allocation.Ideally, use plugins for visual, and powerups for data ... although PM's data is similar to markdown formatting and stored in the title text, so if you know how to read what the numbers in brackets mean, you can read it off a list ... hrs are stored in (allocated)[used].
Add the application Trello Folds", its a chrome powerup.If you put a card title ##--- or ##anythingUwant it will make that a collapsable, vertically.So, you could have it as a ##PREVIOUS People without the application see it as previous cards, you can then block out anything below and say move things down below it after a week or when you want it out of view.Then, you can see part of the picture on your screen, and hide from view naff stuff thats old news.
Hi - quick workaround is to just use the filter/search function.Type a specific value, assign to specific member or whatever, and just search for this attribute.
Voila, all other assignments without said attribute is hidden.
However, collapse/drop-down lists is something that should still be implemented in Trello.
This has been on the discussion boards since 2012 at least, how has Trello not made this a standard feature yet.
This Chrome extension is fine if you want to use Trello in a web browser, but not if you want to use a locally installed version or the Trello mobile app. It would be ideal if Folds could be a power-up!!!
The same way they haven't made the Recently Viewed section an option you can turn on or off. That's been on the suggested improvements just as long.
I think this would be a useful feature to add to Trello. I had the idea of having collapsable lists and found the chrome extension and it's a game changer for productivity.
Any plans to add it in the future?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.