Hello,
I am looking to utilize Trello for my small business and want to implement what I think is very simple functionality, but I can't get it setup properly.
I would like to simply send a notification and create a calendar entry when someone is tagged on card creation. And then if possible a notification when x amount of time is left and one if the task has passed the due date.
So for example, I tag John Smith in a task, it would create a calendar appointment in a sub calendar that he is subscribed to so that if he checks his calendar overview for the week he sees all needed tasks.
The main idea is to be able to create tasks that my employees can easily access on their mobile phones. My business is a gym so employees always have phones on them and very rarely use computers.
It is important that it only performs the actions when they are tagged so that they aren't being spammed on their phones whenever any cards are created.
As of right now I have found zap (on zapier) that will create a google calendar appointment whenever you are tagged and there is a due date. This is great, BUT I can only specify username per login. As in I can do it for myself, but not employees.
I have also seen a notification bot for slack (which we use as well) but I don't see any functionality to isolate it by tagged member names. Something like a PM to the member when they are tagged would work well.
I am sure that this is something that others have setup at some point. If it requires an account upgrade (I am at gold right now) or utilizing another software I would most likely be game as long as any costs are reasonable.
Thanks for the help. I look forward to really using Trello to keep the team organized and productive!