I guess my first problem is that when I hit Calculate, all the changes are auto-committed. I can't undo them. If it were possible, I could simply go and revert the "release" changes to get the rest of the calculations. I don't understand why this is. I've looked at a few posts with people having the same issues but there was no solution...
Now if we assume this is normal behaviour, is it possible to have Jira not modify my releases?
If you're wondering why the releases are not correctly calculated...This is because my Jira software projects are for many clients. So for each client I have different set of releases (ex: clientA-1, clientA-2, clientB-1, clientB-2, etc.). Not all issues are released to all clients. Therefore this allows me to specify to which clients the issues will be released.
But when I hit "Calculate", JIra goes and changes those releases...which screws up everything because Jira can't possible know in which release an issue is supposed to go (Jira might assign an issue that was in clientB-1 to clientA-1...which makes no sense).
Ideally I would like to configure Jira to tell it not to manage releases automatically...or that if a release was manually set for an issue, not to modify it...
Is any of this possible? Or am I not using Jira properly?