I have a board that has several lists. I want to start an online conversation with a colleague that is focused on cards within a specific list. How do I provide them a hyperlink to that list?
Hi Gerrie,
Although you can link to a specific card or board, right now there isn't a way to link to a list in isolation. I'll let our team know that's something you'd be interested in. In the meantime, we'd suggest sending a link to the board instead.
I really hope you can implement this feature. I have all my clients into ONE board, but separate lists. It would be awesome if you could share the specific list to each client.
Gerrie, while not exactly what you want, I do have a suggestion. I too wanted to link to a specific list. I have a board that has a list for each project, and the first list is an index. It's where I start things before moving them to other boards to work on. I wanted to use the index list cards to jump to the list for each year of the project. Here's what I came up with.
Since you can link to a card, you can link to the first card in the list you want to go to. That way when you click on that from elsewhere, it will open that card thereby taking you to the list you want to view. I create a reference card for each list as the first card (with ideas and research), so when I want to link to a list I simply link to that reference card.
I hope that helps! It's working very well for me.
This is a critical gap in Trello's functionality. Please give lists a unique url!
Please add this feature
This is a good workaround, ty for sharing... still doesn't make sense why the actual feature not yet available though so hopefully we'll get an update from the Taco team soon.
I agree - being able to share a link to a list seems like a feature that is something that should be there!
The year is 2023. Cost of living, inflation, and global sea surface temperatures break records. I reach out to my colleague in Slack, "You can find our At-Risk clients in this list in our CST board", but it's all for naught. She cries out, "Which list? There's 40 lists on this board, and I can't search without twenty different results that don't include lists! I'll never find it in time for my 11:00am meeting!"
He reaches out to the Atlassian gods, but they have not heard our cry. He breaks down in desperation and pleads with humanity's last hope, our Open.AI overlords. "Write a dystopian sci-fi-themed rant about how it's the year 2023, and we cannot link to a Trello List" But, this, too, fails as the bot can do no such thing. Perhaps they are aligned in our inefficiency?!
It is at this moment of pure broken spirit that our user-hero dusts off his ancient English diploma and attempts to ask for assistance.
In the end, it is only the human who can scream into the workplace void.
OK, this is awesome. My dear falling-behind friends at Trello, I hope this catches your attention. Humanity (at least the ones still using Trello) need you!
@Judd Higgins this is perfect
+1 for the ability to link to a list - surely it can't be that difficult that it needs years of development.
@Caity
Strong advocate for Trello for years but slowly moving to Notion as Basic features like this and other things are still being not implemented along with : searches in checklists (impossible), undoing delete of a checklist, color of a list, and so on and so on. Tired of spending hours to find a solution to things like that. I'm slowly educate myself with Notion and i find it incredibly powerful and flexible.
Ok it seems the most productive action here is a move over to Notion!!
Maravilhoso texto! Como que não conseguimos compartilhar uma lista, prezados deuses atlassianos? Já procurei PowerUps e formas de bloquear demais listas e nada. Nos ajude!
yes!
hi is this has been implemented?
i still don't see it there. let may be a decade pass to see the idea ground.
While it doesn't seem to be natively supported, you can highlight the text of any part of the list (including the title), right-click it, and create a hyperlink that will open up that specific part of the page, highlighting the text that was chosen, for anyone who clicks on the hyperlink.
+1 please 🥺
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.