Hello,
I have just update my SourceTree to 1.6.23.0v and now when clicking on terminal icon I receive error message
It has not been possible to to start Git Bash terminal
error.png
Any help how to solve that?
SOLVED:
Delete your Git from computer. Go to Git website, download newest version (newer than 1.9.x) and install it (computer restart may be needed, make sure your Environment Variable for Git is pointing to right directory).
If it's not working, you can always turn on internal SourceTree Git by going Menu > Tools > Options > Git and clicking on `Use embedded Git
Hi Justinas,
Can you check if you have right permissions to start Git or if there's some antivirus or policy blocking Git?
Also, can you check if you are running embedded Git or System Git? You can check this going to SourceTree Menu -> Preferences - GIT
Regards, Renato Rudnicki
i got the same problem.
i have the correct rights ( can open git bash when using the context menu via explorer )
i'm running System Git Version 1.9.5
Exactly the same situation here.
Same problem here.
It appeared after I updated SourceTree from 1.6.21 to 1.6.23.
Also running system Git 1.9.5.
Git bash working fine from explorer context menu.
Same here.
Seems that is not working for Git versions older then 2.x
I can start git bash via right-click menu. SourceTree uses system git
I got the same
Being able to use Bash is pretty important.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.