On OS X 10.13.2 with Sourcetree 2.6.x and now 2.7, I can no longer access stashes and must use the git CLI. Attempting to view a stash shows a blank panel and attempting to apply throws:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree stash apply stash@{0} One or more of this task's arguments is invalid. They cannot start with '-', and must follow git ref-format rules: https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-check-ref-format.htmlCompleted with errors, see above
Fixed in 2.7 (151), please update.
Please check for updates… we use a progressive rollout strategy so that if a showstopper crops up we are able to address before releasing generally.
2.7 (152) is the latest and will be on the website for downloading soon but is already available for updates.
This is a bug that's being fixed for 2.7 (151)
Brian GanningerSenior Mac Developer, Sourcetree
I didn't give it a name -- I let Sourcetree handle it like I had in the past.
Now I can't even create a stash.
Found the problem there, specific to git stash create 😔 All stash actions (and shelve actions for Mercurial) have been verified. Fix posted in 2.7 (152), update now available. Our apologies for the hiccups today.
Thank you!
Hello! Sorry, but currently I'm at version 2.7(150) and it says that it's the latest one, so I can't update to 152 version by checking for updates in context menu. Could you please point me what am I doing wrong and how can I get from 150 to 152(or 151) version?
I'm on the latest version, 2.7 (150). Cannot create stashes, and cannot delete the faulty one it creates.
Are the 2.7 (150) and 2.7 (151) not the same?
Any news regarding this?
How can we get the new 2.7 (152) version?
I can only guess we'll have to wait for 2.7.1. Usually, a new version will see a 'revision' bump at the minimum (x.x.revision), rather than a build bump.
Now, there's always the command line: stash documentations, and stashing tools . I'd 'practice' on a dummy git first, just to see I got the hang of it.
In short:
Create stash:
$ git stash save "<Name the stash>"
View the stashes:
$ git stash list
stash@{0}: On master: name
Apply:
$git stash apply stash@{n}
Apply and delete:
$ git stash pop stash@{n}
Delete
git stash drop stash@{n}
Umm, "Check for Updates…"
@bgannin Can you tell us where to get 2.7 (152), or when we can expect a 2.7.1 update?
Hey Brian,
thanks for the clarification, but SourceTree tells me that my version (2.7 150) is up to date when I try to update it. Just like in the screenshot Amir posted above.
Same here, shows I have the latest update (2.7 250), will try a little later.
I've verified the feeds, you should be good to go when checking for updates. If not you can download it directly from Sourcetree Betas (OSX_Latest.zip)
It literally scared me in the beginning, thanks for the update.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.