Hello,
is it possible to set-up Crowd Server 2.12 with https and a self-signed certificate?
I'm trying to set-up my Atassian Apps (Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Bitbucket, Crowd) to https. For Testing I do this on a Ubuntu Server Test Instance VM.
So far I can access Crowd over https but when I try to login I get following message:
"Connection to authentication server failed. Please review the logs for more information."
The error message in catalina.out are:
"sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"
"PluginSchedulerTask-com.atlassian.analytics.client.upload.RemoteFilterRead:job INFO [com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient] Unable to execute HTTP request: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"
"Failed to connect to the authentication server, please check your crowd.properties
org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationServiceException: Could not invoke service.. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Couldn't send message."
"http-nio-8096-exec-17 ERROR [xfire.transport.http.HttpChannel] javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching localhost found"
I noticed something like that also in the Application Links of Jira & Confluence.
For the production server I will get a Certificate signed by our IT or I get one from another CA. But for testing I want to use a self-signed Cert.
Is that possible?
Thanks and kind regards
Andreas