I have two computers using SourceTree; one with internet access and one without. Based on the computer with internet access (that can self-update), the current (Windows) version of SourceTree is v2.4.7.0, however at the website (https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/), I can only find a downloader for v2.3.5.0. Is there a link somwhere to the latest v2.4.7.0 that I can use for the offline PC?
thanks!..dane
The latest version of Sourcetree does not become available on the website until the staged rollout has reached 100%. Have a look at this blog post about it, https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2016/11/16/adding-staged-updates-to-sourcetree/
After some digging, I found this:https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-2.4.7.0.exe
Hope it helps someone!..dane
Atlassian's official stance is that SourceTree is not meant to, and cannot be, installed in an Offline Environment.
There is actually a beta version out for offline installs via MSI installer, and you will be able to register by connecting to Bitbucket Cloud or Bitbucket Server instance instead of my.atlassian.com. Join the Sourcetree Beta Program if you want test it out.
If I'm not wrong, Bitbucket Cloud is the hosted Bitbucket service on bitbucket.com. I don't see how registering with Bitbucket Cloud, is any different from registering with my.atlassian.com since both require an internet connection. The whole issue with an Offline Environment is that it's offline. An isolated intranet. No network connections in, nor out.
this does work either - in second step of the installation "login to your atlassian account" there 2 options - "use an existing account" and "go to my atlassian" - both fails without internet and there is no way to redirect to our bitbucket server
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.