I use SourceTree + BitBucket combination with SSH setup on my Mac. It used to work fine.
Haven't used this Mac to code for a while. Today I tried to do fetch / push, all failed with this permission denied (public key) issue. I've done some research, tried the solutions in this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/troubleshoot-ssh-issues-271943403.html, but still stuck. Here're my steps:
- Confirmed my SSH key is still in BitBucket, also double checked the key strings are exact match
- Tried ssh-add -l: The agent has no identities
- Tried ssh-add /path/to/file: file permission 0644 is too open, ignored
- Tried chmod 600 /path/to/file, and then ssh-add /path/to/file: ask for passphrase, which I forgot
- Opened Keychain Access, found the SSH key for this BitBucket account, show password, got it. Tried ssh-add /path/to/file again with the password: keep saying it's Bad Passphrase...I don't understand why this happens.
So now I'm really stuck. I think it might be easier to just reset the SSH key in SourceTree, but couldn't find any references online regarding how to achieve that. Any suggestions?