When I try to push / pull I am getting auth errors.
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags --set-upstream origin _nick/test:_nick/testPushing to https://github.com/domain/Project.gitERROR: Authentication error: Authentication required: You must have push access to verify lockserror: failed to push some refs to 'https://github.com/domain/Project.git'Completed with errors, see above.
I attempted to use the git terminal, here is my trace. I noticed when I enter an incorrect password it outputs an error. when I enter the correct password the prompt continues without any output.
nick@LAPTOP ~/Documents/domain/Project(_nick/test)$ git fetchUsername for 'https://github.com': userName
nick@LAPTOP-3GV274KQ MINGW32 ~/Documents/domain/Project(_nick/test)$
I have deleted my password filehttps://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Getting-quot-fatal-Authentication-failed-for-quot-error/qaq-p/624663I have attempted a personal access token and a basic password. please advise.
Hello! Looks like you're trying to interact with GitHub. Rather than needing to enter a username and password, you can add a Remote Account that uses OAuth which may solve your authentication issues. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do that:
Once you click "Refresh OAuth Token" your webbrowser should open. Follow the directions there and once done switch back to Sourcetree and hit OK. Then try pushing again and see if it works.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.