I know this is not supported, but since Bamboo lack of templates, I'm sure someone else has already tried this.
In my case I have a large number of plans that have been created by cloning a master "template". Now I need to do a minor adjustment in some of the inline scripts of these plans. I know inline scripts are not a "good practice", but the inline scripts are basically something like this:
python27 myPythonScript.py -a A -b B
and now I need to add more parameter to this call.
The below SQL query returns the XML definition for the job (Bamboo 5.6.0):
SELECT xml_definition_data
FROM build_definition
INNER JOIN build
ON build_definition.build_id = build.build_id
WHERE build.full_key='FULL-JOB-KEY';
So my idea is to update the corresponding bit in the XML:
<buildTasks>
<taskDefinition>
...
</taskDefinition>
...
<taskDefinition>
...
<item>
<key>scriptBody</key>
<value>python MyPythonScript.py -a A -b B</value>
...
</item>
...
</taskDefinition>
</buildTasks>I think you get the idea.
My question is, am I going to break something else by doing this change directly in the DB? I have already tried it and it seems to work, but not entirely sure if I'm breaking something I'm not aware of when doing this.
BTW, I seem to have to restart Bamboo after modifying the DB so the new values are picked up. Is that possible?
If anyone has tried it, feedback will be welcome 