Hi I am completely new to source control. I got in a bit of a tangle trying to duplicate a visual studio solution I wrote, so decided to try source control. A post in a forum suggested Git, so I signed up and ran the demo 'hello world'.
The forum also suggested atlassian as a good way to visualise without using a command line, so I thought Id' use that too.
However, I am completely stuck and need the most basic help to get things up and running.
Currently I am building an Arduino sketch and thought I'd try to source control that as a starting point. It is on my C: drive in this folder:
C:\Users\Paul\Google Drive\Arduino sources
Could anyone explain in easy steps what to do next. e.g. is the directory
C:\Users\Paul\Google Drive\Arduino sources
the repository or do I create a new empty folder for that? Then what?
Do I just use sourcetree or does sourcetree seamlessly manage GIT without my intervention?
Thanks very much for help,
Paul