Aaaah, just three days to Christmas. Let's be honest - it's that time of year where you can settle down, look back to what has been and make plans for what will be.
I feel lucky to say my holiday has just started. Although our cat is already making sure that it will most likely be less relaxing than I am hoping for:

I want to share a cool memory of 2017 and a new year's wish for all of you and hope you are willing to do the same!
Although I travelled quite a lot last year, met amazing people and had the chance to experience wonderful things in many places, I think the coolest thing happened close to home. Around late September, my phone rang. One of our customers. He had one or two simple questions for us, but before asking them he asked me if he could tell me something first. Of course, I said. And he spoke the following words: "Have I told you yet that you guys are awesome? I have to do so, because you are".
I was speechless at first, but then ran around with a big smile on my face for what must have been about a week. All we did was help them implement a project management solution based on Jira and Big Picture.
Although it didn't cost anything, it made a huge and positive impression. And frankly, it doesn't happen all too often. So my wish to you all awesome people for next year is to be called awesome once and a while next year. Because you all are ;-)
Merry Christmas and very best wishes for 2018!