We would like to have a hireracy as Themes> Initiatives > Epics > Stories as our project have multiple dependencies across initiatives.
Ex: we have multiple products tie to one project. So every product there are multiple epics and stories.
Hi Sunitha,
We do have an article titled Themes report that may help:
To create a theme: Click + Add theme, name it and add a color. Click the switch report menu > Themes. Click the Reports tab to display the reports section for your plan. Go to your plan via Portfolio (in header) > View Portfolio > click your plan. Now that the target is settled, you have to assign themes to the issues in your scope. To delete a theme, hover over the right side of the theme row, and click > Delete.
To create a theme:
Click + Add theme, name it and add a color.
Now that the target is settled, you have to assign themes to the issues in your scope.
To delete a theme, hover over the right side of the theme row, and click > Delete.
Hopefully that can help get you started!
Cheers,
Branden
Thank you for responding, Branden!
Could you help me navigate through first step... where exactly I can +Add the Theme?
I’m able to see Theme option in reports section, but not anywhere else.
Regards,
Sunitha
I went through the steps and when I got to the section to click the + sign I did not see that option either. In the middle of the screen there was an option to re-calculate. When I pressed this I got the following:
Hopefully that helps. If not please provide a screenshot to show us what you see and we'll go from there.
Hi there,
A little clarification: Themes are per plan and are not a level of hierarchy as they can apply to different hierarchies.
If you are simply looking for a new level of hierarchy above Initiative that you would chose to call Theme, you can follow to documentation on adding new levels of hierarchy here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-initiatives-and-other-hierarchy-levels-802170489.html
Thomas
Just to add my similar experience:
I think part of the confusion here might be that it's not obvious how to create Themes in the first place from the main view(s) in Portfolio. There's no 'Create Theme' button or menu item called 'Themes' etc.
Instead you have to go to Reports, then switch the type of report to Themes, then select Add Theme.
It's illogical and awkward from a newcomer's perspective.
@Ben Bland - Thank you, Ben. I couldn't agree more with you on how confusing for new users.
"Instead you have to go to Reports, "...
... where is that? I'm using Portfolio 3.2 and I don't see a Reports section in my Plan.
EDIT: Hmmm... seems to be missing in the "improved" interface. You have to drop to the original interface in order to access Reports.
EDIT 2: and even then, it's missing. It looks like Themes have been dropped from Portfolio and replaced with Roadmaps (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/sharing-roadmaps-960719459.html)
How utterly confusing.
I agree, this is very poorly planned/managed and counter-intuitive. I feel like the PM for this particular portion of Portfolio has failed miraculously.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.