I just installed Win8.1 64-bit (installed fresh about 10 days ago) and a fresh copy of SourceTree 2.3.5.0 today. During the installation, I went ahead and cloned a copy of a git repository stored on Atlassian Bitbucket. Everything looks good and then I go to do a pull request to make sure everything is working and I notice it takes several seconds longer than normal. I get an error in the Full Output:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
fatal: TaskCanceledException encountered.
A task was canceled.
But it moves on to the next task
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false pull --log origin master
From https://bitbucket.org/4EverMaAT/[project1]
* branch master -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.
Completed successfully.
And finishes.
But I want to know why it hangs with the "fetch origin" request?
I had a previous install where it just kept hanging. No explanation or tips. I also got an error on the previous install about "warning: templates not found" .
----
edit: now I tried a push request (staged a test .txt file) and it took 3 minutes for it to get past this request"
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false commit -q -F C:\Users\[winuser]\AppData\Local\Temp\ztvwqmv1.eus
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags --set-upstream origin master:master
Why is it taking so long?
Before it took seconds.