The app is great. Only feature I am missing is to be able to merge windows to tabs (like in finder etc) because I need to operate with 3-4 boards at one time. is this feature on your roadmap? Thank you.
Hi David,
We're not planning on adding tab support right now, but I can definitely understand the appeal! I'll make sure the team knows that's something you're looking for, and we may be able to add that support in a future version of the Trello app!
OOH, tabs would be wonderful!
Tabs would improve my life so much... Are you still thinking about it?
I know I'm late to the party, but I can't really use the desktop app because of the inability for tabs. Another similar solution could be to "pin" the boards menu so that it stays open and moves the content under it into the viewable area when pinned. I imagine the desktop app is pretty unusable without something like this for most people.
+100 for tabs in the Trello desktop app
+1 for tabs
Trello needs tabs! C'mon keep up
They obviously don't care to do this. This was asked for 6 years ago... If you want something separate from your browser, you can use a different browser. For me, I didn't really want to do that. On Windows I use portable firefox from portableapps. It's runs completely interdependent from normally installed firefox. I changed the theme, set it to remember what was open when closed, update the ini file to allow multiple instances of firefox to run. On Linux, I run firefox with a different profile, which makes it work as essentially a different instance. Hope that helps. If you want more details on the portableapps or linux config, let me know.
Thanks! Sounds complex tho I think I'll wait in vain
I think the Trello team is missing a beat here.
I have a browser that I use only for Trello. I keep all my trello tabs open in it across the multiple projects I work on.
This enables me to have the equivalent of the Trello desktop app that I want.
With this workaround, I am good. It might work for you too.
For me, the Trello desktop app without this feature is a complete waste of time.
So I have uninstalled it and use a dedicated browser to mimic this.
+1 - I was looking for that too!the community is waiting for six and a halve years now for a feature that is available in most of the tools now - I cant remember any major productivity tool from browsers, mail clients, Picture editing, or even file browser who doesn't support tabs! - how come that trello which is made for being more productive STILL not supporting this?
I 100% agree! I love Trello's ease of use but have needed to have more than 1 trello board or card open at a time. The app didn't help with this so I deleted it. Please add this feature!!!!
Hi Mark, Is this feature in the works? We need a timeline because this is a huge missing feature we need in Trello.
Since the Windows Desktop App doesn't support Tabs, we're deleting it. The app isn't very useful without that feature.
@TrelloPLEASE ADD TABS!!!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRELLO-1023
Please vote if you're interested in this feature!
Same here. I was wondering why there are no tabs, because even opensource kanban baords have it and to see that people ask for this feature for over 8 years now is pretty frustrating even if i really like Trello and use it a daily! Its such a simple but usefull feature
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.