I try to build a repository with 110 submoduls. I added 91 and now i can't see any of them in the sourcetree window …
HiThere shouldn't be any limit.We tend to test using https://github.com/boostorg/boost.git which has ~130 submodules.Where you adding the submodules through Sourcetree? Can you post a screen shot?
Good morning,
the screenshot shows 3 windows: part of ».gitmodules«, part of files and part of the sourcetree-window – not showing one of the modules …
Now I tried to remove (delete) the repository to take it as a new one. I got all the folders, but all of them empty. If a clone one of them, I recieve the files – but it looks like I have to reorganize it all new …
Ulrike
Hi UlrikeThe behviour you describe is correct, By default Sourcetree will no longer automatically clone all the submodules. This is due to the following security issue in Git.https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2017-1000117You can re-enable to option in the Sourcetree preferences.
thanks for your answers, I changed my preferences. Because nothing changed, I built a new repository and added all my submodules. I can see them until I had to delete one (context menu). Then the list of submodules disappears …
The entry in .gitmodule was deleted, but the folder not. I deleted the folder by myselve and pushed. It looks ok – on my computer. If I pull this on a second computer I get an error. Somethong like: Difference between Folder and .gitmodule …
Thanks for the update I've created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-8313 to track this.
Now I know the workflow:
I had to delete the folder first, than to delete the entry in the .gitmodule via sourcetree. Than everybody has to delete the folder and after that to pull the new commit.
The list of submodules is OK than, but I had to talk physically to everybody, who uses the submodule-repository.
greetings
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.