Hi There,
So I am new to trying a PR workflow on bitbucket since I joined a new company and I was used to the github way of forking the main repo in order to submit PR's with jenkins jobs setup to run tests via the "pull request plugin for jenkins" - everything worked with minimal setup effort.
The goal: I want to setup a forking-workflow with PR's coupled with jenkins jobs which detect when a PR is openend/changed and runs a job to run all our tests before anyone spends anytime looking at the PR.
The problem: I tried setting up a post receive hook that used a "PR OPENED" trigger which targeted a parameterized jenkins job, specifying $BRANCH and $REPOSITORY ...which would be used to: git branch: "${params.branch}", url: "${params.repository}"
The hook always failed to fire.
I spent a day on this before trying PR's on the original repo ....and seeing the hook fire.
So, do bitbucket hooks work using a PR forking-workflow? If so can someone please share their setup with me. I read quite a bit of the atlassian docs, but did not find any obvious warnings about forked repos+bitbucket hooks.
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve