I want to give each story several estimates -- one per each team that's expected to take part in its development. Here are options I considered that didn't work:
- Add a hierarchy level under story that will enable creating an issue for each of the relevant teams. This is currently impossible in Portfolio.
- Set one team in Portfolio, and use "Skills" as pseudo-teams. The problem is that the proportionate share of each skill in the overall estimate is fixed, whereas in my case each team's part varies between stories.
- Create one sub-task for each team. This also doesn't work for us -- we sometimes create many sub-tasks under a single story, and we want to estimate on the story level instead of micro-estimate each sub-task.
- Create designated sub-tasks for estimations for each of the teams, and roll up their estimates to the story level. Portfolio cannot sum estimates for issues assigned to members of different teams, so this is also not a good solution for us.
Which other options am I missing? This is essential for our ability to plan work, as our teams work on multiple projects (products) in parallel.
Thanks