I have an account and am trying to setup a new laptop (Win7) but when I enter my email address password field does not appear:
http://prntscr.com/he8j26
The preloader on the Continue button rotates and nothing happens:
http://prntscr.com/he8loq
by clicking on the second button authorization on the site occurs, but the installation does not continue:
http://prntscr.com/he8jng
How do i install SourceTree? I don't understand.
Hi Danish, we've seen something similar in the past and it was caused by some settings in Internet Explorer, can you try the following:
After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option.
Let us know if it worked for you!
Regards,
Ana
Thank you very much for your answer. It did not work. Even if i disable all Internet Explorer security settings, the password entry field does not appear and i can not enter the account.
Thanks for letting us know. Could you tell us which OS and version of Sourcetree are you using? Are you in a corporate environment, or behind a firewall?
Can you check the logs and see if there are any errors?
Cheers!
Ana, I managed to solve the problem. A very old Internet Explorer 9 was installed on my laptop. After updating to Internet Explorer 11, the method described by you worked.
I was having the same problem on a fresh install of windows 7.
> Ana, I managed to solve the problem. A very old Internet Explorer 9 was installed on my laptop. After updating to Internet Explorer 11, the method described by you worked.
After upgrading to Internet Explorer 11 the password prompt appeared and I was able to log in.
Happy to hear that!
The way to completely sidestep the proxy is described here:
Atlassian Community Question: How to install SourceTree through proxy
With this method, the login request is skipped.
Hello @Peter Wake is it possible you accidentally posted the incorrect link? I followed the one you posted and the most recent comment is actually by you asking for clarification because the steps given don't solve this problem.
No. The link is correct, but magically, the answer I posted to that question has vanished. Almost as if some system or administrator removed it... Possibly because it contained a link to a certain popular coding answers site? I don't know why it vanished. Maybe it was just some random bug, but it was certainly there yesterday.
I've re-posted, without the link, and with simplified formatting. Hopefully this time it sticks. If not, I think we can conclude that Atlassian are opposed to the spirit of the solution, which skips the Atlassian login window entirely.
Haha! Magic indeed...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.