I've created a demo environment which includes a new Active Directory domain on a new forest root, a Jira demo installation and a Crowd server (demo license) on a CentOS machine. These are all fresh and the account I'm using is an Enterprise Admin (crowdsync).
All firewalls have been disabled and they are on the same subnet.
When I try to do a test connection on the AD directory config under Crowd I either get a genuine LDAP error if I set the OU 'Users' to 'cn=Users' (code 49, data 52e) which suggests my credentials are incorrect or I get a 'Test failed popup with no details. I know the ou should be set to ou so I'm leaving that. I've also tried 'crowdsync@demo.local' which I know is wrong but I thought I'd check.
My settings are:
URL - ldap://demo.local:389
'Enable incremental sync' checked
Base DN - dc=demo,dc=local
Username - cn=crowdsync,ou=Users,dn=demo,dn=local
I've reset the password and tested it. I've also confirmed I can authenticate to the domain from the CentOS Crowd host.
My plan is to test the Jira Crowd integration so I can assist our third party in configuring this in our Azure environment.
Help 