I have had some failed attempts to utilise git submodules in my git project. The repository is classified as a BitBucket one with submodules checked in advanced. The logs in the build however read as "host key verification failed". I have tried configuring ssh keys on the Windows remote agent (running as a service) and can correctly execute git submodule update on the server directly using git bash logged in as that user.
Then I came across this older post
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Does-Bamboo-support-Git-submodules/qaq-p/560044 which suggests that the support is limited in bamboo for submodules.
Currently we are adopting the multiple repository checkout approach as a work around but some of my colleagues prefer to use submodules. Can Atlassian confirm whether Bamboo support for git submodules has improved and if so in what version?
Alternatively it seems to me that the Bamboo agent is not correctly mapping its ssh keys at build time during a repository checkout. Is there something I'm missing?