For quite a long time now, I've been using a Git repository hosted on a Hostgator server, accessing it through SSH and a password. I had been able to access this just fine on both my Mac and my Windows computers, but after several months, I updated to the latest versions, and suddenly I no longer can access the repository from Windows.
It fails, telling me it cannot read from the remote repository. It does NOT prompt me for a password, nor were there any Accounts listed in the Tools/Options/Authentication section.
So I tried to add an account for it -- but the only "Hosting Entry" type which actually allows entering a Host URL was "Bitbucket Server". Still, I put that in, set my preferred protocol to SSH, and entered the credentials and password... but when it tried to authenticate it claimed that only HTTP or HTTPS were allowed.
So now I'm stumped - did something change to remove password support for SSH in the more recent versions? If not, how do I get it to prompt?
Also, now, it's showing an entry under the Account for the invalid Bitbucket Server entry -- and the "Delete" button isn't actually removing it. How do you get rid of that?