I have an epic which I plan to break into stories. Each story will have a different assignee. However, at this stage, I only have a high-level description of the epic, and I haven't broken it into stories yet (and probably won't in the next two weeks). This epic has an assignee in Jira, because I want it to appear in his boards. This assignee is also a team member in portfolio.
I want to be able to include this epic in my plan, however:
If I fill in a time estimate for the epic, portfolio treats it as work that should be done by one guy -- the current epic assignee -- which causes it to get scheduled far in the future (because this assignee has a bunch of other tickets under his name).
If I set a target end date instead of an estimate, portfolio still uses the version's scheduled end date as the ticket's end date. This version is a dummy version for continuous development tasks that we use because we don't want tasks to be automatically assigned to other releases, and its scheduled end date is, too, far in the future.
I want to be able to either impose fix start and end dates for this epic, or instruct portfolio to use the estimate and ignore assignee capacity (specifically for this epic, not for all tickets).
This sounds like a must-have capability for long term planning (which is part of portfolio's declared offering), because epics are typically broken into stories relatively late in the planning process, so I assume that portfolio enables it, but don't know how. Would appreciate any assistance.
Thank you.