Hi, my knowledge of source control is very basic. I started work at a new company that is using GIT LFS in its repository for a project. Every time I start Sourcetree it pops up a prompt titled
"Git LFS + bitbucket = More Speed!"
The dialog says:
"I see you're using Git LFS and Bitbucket! Sourcetree can speed up your uploads/downloads to Bitbucket by using a custom Git LFS adapter.Do you want to install this now? (recommended)"
I select yes, watch a fast download progress bar zoom by and disappear then go about my business. But every time I start Source tree I get this same prompt. I have no idea if the adapter is failing to install or if there is a disconnect and it doesn't realize its installed?
In addition I've had a weird error with Sourcetree today I think may be related to this issue. I was working on a feature branch. I committed and pushed my changes to the repo for my feature branch. I'm not finished with it yet or ready to merge back into the master, but I want to pull the latest master so I can get some files from it. When I pulled the latest master from the repo it gave a GIT lfs error and failed to download some of the files. Now its showing a whole huge list of new files I'm positive are from the master because several of them I've never seen before and are brand new, BUT its showing them as uncommitted changes on my machine. I've tried to discard them and that action fails as well. I'm basically stuck and I'm pretty sure its all related to this LFS issue. I would greatly appreciate help with this. I warn you my level of ability with command line, etc. is very limited so I would appreciate a slightly dumbed down response. 
Thanks