It appears my free license period expired today Nov 6th. Source Tree is prompting me to Agree to Customer Agreement upon start up and will not allow me to proceed. I have downloaded the "source tree.license" file from my Atlassian Account site. However there is NO option under Source Tree to "Register" or "Import" the license key.
MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sourcetree v2.6.3
Can you help?
The license is no longer used, they changed their terms and conditions as of 2.2.2 for Mac and 1.8.2 for Windows, so now you need to agree to the Atlassian Customer Agreement and you need an Atlassian account to register Sourcetree. Here is a blog post about it, https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2016/02/22/sourcetree-update-atlassian-account-git-lfs-support-ui-refresh-and-more/
Thanks. However check out my screenshot - I cannot proceed past the Customer Agreement screen. Even when I view and Accept the Customer Agreement and check the box. The "Continue" button remains greyed out and I cannot start SourceTree.
Looks like you are running into a known issue, SRCTREE-5089. The workaround is to remove the Sourcetree preferences, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/how-to-wipe-sourcetree-preferences-412484640.html.
Followed that article and removed Sourcetree and all associated files. Re-started the Mac. Signed into my Atlassian account, downloaded and installed Sourcetree. Started it up and I am getting the same Customer Agreement screen that I cannot move past.
Not sure what else to try here?
Is this somehow related to the fact that the so called "Free License" expired effective today on my account?
Signed out of Atlassian account and that made no difference.
Upon a fresh download/install, when I start it up i get this screen: Then the Customer Agreement screen. Could there be other Sourcetree related files with some other name that need to be cleaned up?
Still having this issue. The Sourcetree_2.6.3a.zip downloads, I unzip the contents. Sourcetree app unpacks to my downloads folder. Upon starting it gives me the option to move to Applications. This places the app and contents under my local computer name => users => my user name =>Applications folder. It does not get placed under the local computer name => Applications folder. I cannot find any Sourcetree associated files anywhere else on my Mac other than under the "show contents" for the Sourcetree app. I am sending this to Trash and emptying.
I finally got around this error. Found this article on jira.atlassian.com:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3530?focusedCommentId=875982&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-875982
Ran this command from terminal prompt:
defaults write com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS STWelcomeStageAtlassianAccount NO
Started Sourcetree and was able to get past the agreement screen (i.e. Continue button not greyed out) and then sign in using my existing account.
Glad you got it working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.