Hi
No emails are getting triggered post build run. I tried entering my mail id under Mail server and go below error:
The mail settings you entered were not valid. Error thrown was: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: smtp.office365.com, 587; timeout 20000; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
Followed following KB article but could not get specific solution:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-jira-s-smtp-mail-server-to-send-notifications-861253781.html
Do let me know if I need to send other logs. Pls suggest.
Thanks
Manish
Hi Manish,
Looking at your error, it seems like a connectivity issue or configuration issue to me because "connect timed out"
You can test the mail using the CMD or terminal by command "telnet"
For example:
telnet smtp.office365.com 587
See if you can establish the connectivity from the machine where bamboo is hosted.
Hi Robhit
Thanks for your reply.
Tried running a ping command on our AWS server and got successfully message.
ping smtp.office.365.com 587 >> It threw error that 587 is bad parameter
ping smtp.office.365.com 587 >> it successfully pinged.
Pls suggest
There is a difference between Ping and telnet.
In short:
Ping: check connection (knock on the door of the remote server).Telnet: gives access to the remote system if it is running telnet daemon.
And while using port 587 ping throws the error because it does not support that parameter.
Try executing the telnet command which I shared earlier. This will test the connectivity between your bamboo machine and the SMTP server if the port 587 which you are using is correct or open or not
Unfortunately I am not unable to use Telnet as its not configured. However, I am reaching out to my server team to see if this port in question ( 587) is blocked or not. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.