I'm trying to install Bamboo on a VM so that I can demo it to a customer.
I have downloaded the 32 bit installer and run it successfully. I am trying to start the Bamboo service and I'm getting the following Windows error:
Windows could not start the Bamboo on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service specific error code 4.
What does error code 4 mean? Can anyone offer any advice to help me get up and running?
Event viewer tells us:
The Bamboo service terminated with the following service-specific error:
The system cannot open the file.
Details:
<ProviderName="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7024</EventID>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreatedSystemTime="2014-01-03T15:56:18.468223600Z" />
<EventRecordID>63839</EventRecordID>
<ExecutionProcessID="604" ThreadID="4940" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>AY-DemoVM</Computer>
</System>
<Data Name="param1">Bamboo</Data>
<Data Name="param2">%%4</Data>
<Binary>420061006D0062006F006F000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>
UPDATE: Still not working and I have opened support ticket BSP-12380. Still waiting on a response and I have a deadline to get this working by the end of tomorrow. I would really appreciate some assistance.
UPDATE: So I fixed my Java path variable (which was the first problem) and I can get it running from the console, but it would be much more prefereble to have it running as a service. When I try running StartBamboo.bat as Administrator I get the same error from the console. And before you ask, having checked what the standard error code 4 means, I hardly have any windows open. :-)