I have a Bamboo installation on a Linux machine and a project in Microsoft .NET to build.
I have successfully set up a remote agent on a Windows box equipped with all Java tooling (so it can run Ant jobs for other projects too) and .NET compilers. The remote agent is up and running. Following is the list of capabilities, auto-detected by Bamboo
Key Value Operations
system.os Windows View | Edit | Delete
Add Executable
Executable
'executable' capabilities define the executables which are available to your build plans.
Executable label
A label to uniquely identify this executable Path
Please enter the path to your executable Operations
Ant (Ant) C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Ant View | Edit | Delete
MSBuild v14.0 (32bit) (MSBuild) C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
MSBuild v14.0 (64bit) (MSBuild) C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\amd64\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
MSBuild v2.0 (32bit) (MSBuild) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
MSBuild v2.0 (64bit) (MSBuild) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
MSBuild v3.5 (32bit) (MSBuild) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
MSBuild v3.5 (64bit) (MSBuild) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
MSBuild v4.0 (32bit) (MSBuild) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
MSBuild v4.0 (64bit) (MSBuild) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
Node.js (Node.js) C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe View | Edit | Delete
system.builder.MSBuild C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe View | Edit | Delete
Add JDK
JDK
'JDK' capabilities define the JDKs which are available to your build plans.
JDK label Java home Operations
JDK C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66 View | Edit | Delete
JDK 1.7 C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_65 View | Edit | Delete
JDK 1.8 C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66 View | Edit | Delete
JDK 1.8.0_66 C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66 View | Edit | Delete
Add Git
Git
The path to the Git executable (e.g. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\git.exe' or '/usr/local/git/bin/git')
Executable Path Operations
Git C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe View | Edit | Delete
Edit
Shared capabilities
The following 'shared' capabilities are inherited by this agent. Note that the value of a shared capability is overridden by the value of an agent-specific capability with the same key/label (if one exists).
No shared capabilities.
Ok, so MSBuild is there. I then created a simple job with a single MSBuild task, but then I end up in "No agents meet this job's requirements".
Interesting to say that I tried to manually add a "Windows" capability (system.os equals Windows) to the job and still get the same result. I can still see the agent is alive.
Question is:
How do I remotely build a .NET project on a Bamboo instance which is installed on a Linux box?