In the web app you can show label names on the front of the cards by pressing ";". Is it possible to show the label names in the iOS app too?
Not at the moment, but I'll share your interest in this with my team!
If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trelloTo see what features our devs are currently working on, check out our dev board at http://www.trello.com/dev. Our mobile boards are available at https://trello.com/b/5tj4qAvo/trello-ios-app and https://trello.com/b/ud59t1fL/trello-android-app, and serve the same purpose for our mobile apps.
Cheers,
Marta
Me and my team would very much appreciate this option! Please allow it since working with names of the labels and not only with colors is quite important. Thanks!
+1. This would be a great feature.
+1 this would be a great feature
This is an absolute must in my opinion
An absolute deal breaker for my team at the moment. Seeing just the colors in the iOS app is just not enough. : ((
I agree with the above, would really love to have readable labels, else there is little point in using them (apart from very general stuff like the green, orange, red for traffic-light states).
Definitely, a must have feature. Please include the same....
+1
This is an abosolute must, for Android too. Tags are useless on mobile otherwise.
I definitely need this as I use the same colors for several different labels, so just seeing the colors wouldn't be enough even if everyone memorized the color schemes.
+1 from 2019
Yes, Please add the text to the labels for mobile! I have all of my project names as labels on the cards, so I'm kind of lost in that way when I access on mobile. I also have all of my job name labels in the same black background, so they are not color coded. I tried color coding, but much prefer a single color--otherwise it's color-information overload, and I lose track of the due date colors, which is critical for me.
Yes, yes, please! This is making the app on the ipad basically unusable for me. If I can't see the label names, they are pretty much useless to me. 12.9" ipad = plenty of room to display them.
Does anyone from the dev team have a clue if this is in the pipeline, or ever likely to enter the pipeline?
Thanks!
This feature works now! Just tried it.
To view the label text, just click the label on any card and any text you've configured for the labels will appear on your board. Clicking it again will make it go back to just color. Note this works for both the web version and the app version (I'm running on a Macbook - I assume this is cross-platform).
Does not work in the Android app still
Unfortunately, this feature does not appear to have been implemented.
The OP asks specifically: "Can i show the label names in the Trello iOS app, like the desktop app." You mention that you're running on a Macbook, which runs macOS and not iOS.
I’d call this a BUG and it really hurts productivity at that point.
Please fix it!
Is anyone working on this ? Thanks
+1 looking forward to a fix here please. It would boost my productivity by tons! Thank you thank you for your great software.
Definitely a bug.
Over a year old, and still no fix. Glacial progress.
This is such a fundamental usability issue, I am thoroughly disappointed that Atlassian doesn’t have the competence to recognise this.
Please: less coders and more human-centred designers! Don’t waste time / resource on new “features” when the basics are so flawed.
Sheesh.
Surprised this isn’t a feature.
+1 x 99999999999
Does the Atlassian team not use the app? How the heck are labels useful when you can’t read them?
Hi guys, this is a very quick win! Please, implement that!! Thanks!!
Is there not a fix for this bug yet?
They haven't fixed it yet
So frustrating.
+1 waiting
+1 eagerly awaiting
+1 Please please please!
+1 Please add this feature, folks have been requesting it for years!
Basic usability is not an Atlassian / Trello priority, it seems.
Much better to spaff resource on needless techno-centric bells and whistles.
Very surprised that this is still not addressed. It greatly impacts the usability of Trello and hinders having a clean workflow between desktop and mobile devices. Browsers on iOS are a bit clunky so you have the trade off between labels and an otherwise poor UX or better overall UX but partially blinded.
This feature now works. Here are the steps:
Hope this helps anyone as I was searching for this exact feature and decided to play around in the app myself.
Thank you so much, it’s just what I’m looking for.
Fantastic! Thank you!
Still not implemented on Android
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.