Hi,
I am pretty new to Trello and am experimenting with copying boards and lists. I want to use a board with predefined lists and cards to which a user can add cards but can not modify list headings or some cards the admin has created. Is there a way of locking parts of the board ?
Hey Rolf
With Trello, permissions are board specific. At this time, Trello is not able to offer card specific permissions. This is a feature request that has been received, so hopefully this can be implemented in the near future. For the time being, you'll need to have separate boards for privacy.
Thank You
any updates on the issue...i would like to auto lock the tasks to the people in the board who are not assigned to a task. They should be able to read the title but not the details.
you can use this chrome extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-ticket-locker/dhacecfmakbiagimagjicfcoefkfcbep?hl=en-US but the only downside is all your users needs to install the tool.
Was there every any update to this? This is still a feature that we really need and want.
I second the request - having separate boards due to access requirement is highly inefficient and I will need to start to look for another collaborative tool unless I understand when this capability will be available on Trello
I don't believe the question was around privacy for boards. It was about locking down that first initial card at the top of each list - the one that acts like a Header/Heading with a bit of an explanation. Pointless as a header if users can move/delete cards.
Any update on this? It would be great to be able to lockdown cards with private or confidential information without having to create yet another board
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.