This is my first post. I'm finding trouble understanding the Atlassian/Bitbucket thing. I saw this:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-to-change-username/qaq-p/4277
I'm on a Windows 10 machine using cygwin. I have managed to set up a repo and to push to it... but I have to enter my full email each time where it says "username"... *and* the keystrokes are not shown: very irksome.
I think I understand that my Atlassian/Bitbucket username is not the same as my git username (i.e. the email address)... is that right?
As a total Bitbucket newb, would I be right in thinking that the site's user interface has changed quite a bit over recent years? The posts in the above thread don't seem to correspond much to what I see when I look at my "overview" or "repositories" pages...
Maybe I can't change the username (email address) I have to use for push to something much shorter... but is there any way to make this business less irksome? E.g. make the keystrokes show...?