I am trying to connect a newly installed Crowd instance on a CentOS server to a postgresql database. I cannot complete the setup wizard due to not being able to figure out the driver class name and the URL.
The "Running the Setup Wizard", "Connecting Crowd to a Database", and "Database JDBC Drivers" wikis are not very helpful. The level of detail is insufficient.
It is convenient that the postgresql-9.2-1003-jdbc4.jar file comes with Crowd. But, the driver name that the installer requires is not supplied. It sure would be nice if the driver name was in a drop-down list. I tried a number of guesses which all resulted in: "The specified class was not found in the class path."
Answers to similar questions in the community suggested looking in the log files for clues. Well, which log files are those? I could find no "<some driver name> class not found" messages in any of the logs I dug through.
find /opt/crowd /var/log -type f -exec grep "not found" {} \; -print
----
I defined a postgresql database as per the setup instructions. I can access the crowdb database using pgAdmin with the address http://<db server IP>, specifying port 5432, and selecting the crowddb database.
The example provided for connecting via JDBC is "jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/crowd". How to translate this for use with postgresql use is not evident.
The wiki for connecting to Confluence suggests this form: jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/confluence. In absence of clear instructions, I could make a guess that this might work.
Would "jdbc:postgresql://<db server IP>:5432/crowddb" be the correct URL to use?