After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am unable to Open Sourcetree.
I currently have version 2.3.5.0 installed (have tried others).
I have tried:
- uninstalling/reinstalling
- removing all Sourcetree related directories (with reinstall)
- downgrading to earlier 2.x releases
None of these actions resolve the problem. The same error message continues to be reported in the log file. This error message is different than what is included with most of the other Windows 10 related Sourcetree issues that have been common as of late.
This is what's being logged each time I attempt to open the application:
ERROR [2017-11-02 08:47:50,267] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-11-02 08:47:50,392] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Add value to collection of type 'System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406)
at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CreateChannels()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaSystem.ConnectChannels(MediaContext mc)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext..ctor(Dispatcher dispatcher)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.From(Dispatcher dispatcher)
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.VerifyAPIReadWrite()
at System.Windows.Media.VisualCollection.Add(Visual visual)
at System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection.AddInternal(UIElement element)
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.Add(Object collection, XamlType collectionType, Object value, XamlType valueXamlType)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at SourceTree.Utils.GeneralHelper.DownloadFile(String url, String destLocation, IInteractionsManager interactionsManager, IWebManager webManager, IDispatcher dispatcher, IRepoProcessFactory repoProcessFactory, INotificationsManager notificationsManager, String extractLocation)
at SourceTree.Download.DefaultDownloadManager.DownloadFile(String url, String downloadDestination, String extractionDestination)
at SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
Any ideas about what's causing this and how to fix?
Thanks,
Griffith