We tried this option at work but we don´t have success.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Part-Two-Linking-Power-BI-to-Trello-deep-dive/ba-p/156709
Thanks for the help!
Using a JSON data source in PowerBI is usually quite common. What didn't work in your integration?
If you're using PowerBI, you could look into MS Flow as a lightweight service bus. Flow has connectors for both Trello and PowerBI that could simplify the integration setup. A more robust of feature rich integration via a service bus would require something like Mulesoft to be set up in the middle. Mulesoft would allow two-way one-to-many or many-to-one interactions between systems.
It looks like an authentication issue.
it is right, I did it with sucess.you only need to go to the next step, like this link:https://databackwriter.com/2017/03/15/getting-actual-trello-cards-into-power-bi/
What did you do? When I tried I had the same issue.
try to follow the link and the next steps
It looks like it requires an open board unfortunately
I managed to get this working with Authentication
I have setup parameters in powerbi/query for
This is an example of the code block for the power bi query
letSource = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.trello.com/1/boards/"&TrelloBoardKey&"/cards?key="&TrelloAPIKey&"&token="&TrelloAPIToken&"")),#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
If you want to get Card information you can use the
https://api.trello.com/1/boards/"&TrelloBoardKey&"/cards?
and for lists..
https://api.trello.com/1/boards/"&TrelloBoardKey&"/lists?
and there are others.
Getting your KeysTo get your API Key go to https://trello.com/app-keyTo get your API Token, you get this once you have an API Key you can get a token
This sums it up.. https://developers.trello.com/page/authorization
Referenceshttps://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Trello-rest-api-as-a-data-source-authentication-issue/m-p/718010#M346519https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/08/16/using-the-relativepath-and-query-options-with-web-contents-in-power-query-and-power-bi-m-code/
this one made the trick. thank you.
Hey thank you for this it worked perfectly.
But I have one issue when I try to export actions it only give 50 rows even though the json clearly has all of them (when you export the Trello board as a json).
Do you know of a way I can get it to bring in more than just 50 rows? It seems to be able to bring in data for every card when it’s set to “cards”, but not “actions”.
I know there is a limit to the number of items when you try to access it through the RestAPI. the number is 1000.
maybe there is a similar limit to the export? or, maybe, you can export only the last actions done on the board because it doesn't export the history? If you like to use the API, I can help you.Nathan
Hey all,
There is an updated method to generate the Trello API key and token. We changed our Trello API management page this year so the page you are trying to access (https://trello.com/app-key) is not the most updated one.
Here's how to generate a Trello API key and token:
Here's more information on managing API keys and adding new Power-Ups.
Once you have the Trello API key and token, you can then follow the instructions as stated above. I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any questions!----------------If this post helps with your query, then please consider the Accept answer or Like button to help the other users find it more quickly.
If you want to analyze Trello data in Power BI without manual export of data from Trello or installation of 3rd party tools?
I have released a comprehensive open-source project on GitHub with the Power BI report (pbip format) that you can download.
The solution uses the built-in web connector in Power Query (You need to use the Trello API Key and Access Token). The queries handle many of the Trello objects incuding boards, lists, cards, members, actions (card updates, comments, checklist completion). You get also the designed Semantic Model in Power BI with many of the Trello objects and several report pages that can help you analyze list completion rates, inactive members and card returns.
Learn more: here
GitHub repo: here
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.