New user with SourceTree. I created a project on GitHub and I'm trying to check my local repo in for the first time into the "empty" project. It seems to be a bit of a chicken and the egg situation with the software.
Scenario 1: In SourceTree, click on Clone. Attempt to clone the "empty" GitHub into the "real-code" local Repo gives error: Cannot Clone into Non-Empty Folder.
I can clone the "empty" remote GitHub repository into an empty folder but that is not going to do me any code because my local repository in "MY EXISTING" folder is where the "FIRST" incarnation of the code IS.
Scenario 2: Click Create in SourceTree, create a repository on GitHub from local Repo. Same Error.
Does SourceTree have a get-init function to initialize the existing folder and source for SourceTree/Git?
There are only so many buttons in SourceTree and for the most part there are no more to click on that I can see. Exactly HOW are you supposed to do this? How do you get the first code checked-in? It kinda gives you a bad taste to immediately get stuck with new software for a common first time use scenario.